Social media plays a significant role in the online promotion of your nonprofit, charity or NGO. By leveraging effective social media marketing strategies, you can attract thousands of visitors to your website.
With new daily updates, the world of social media has become a buzzword. It has become a powerful tool to boost the online presence of your nonprofit. Its never too late to get started in Social Media Marketing for your NGO.
One of the most important things you require for initially getting started with social media is the best tools that enable you to reach a large number of people.
In this article, we have compiled a list of essential tools for social media that you should know from the start.
Let’s get started.
Social Media Tool 1: StoryLab.ai
If you want to succeed on Social Media, you’ll need more and better content at scale. StoryLab.ai is a free tool that helps you generate highly relevant content ideas. Simply describe what you would like to write about and StoryLab.ai’s tool will do the heavy lifting for you.
Next to generating content ideas, you can also generate blog post titles and more.
Having great blog post titles will help you to stand out and make people stop scrolling and pay attention to your message.
Give StoryLab.ai’s generator a try for free.
Social Media Tool 2: Hootsuite
Many nonprofits access multiple social media accounts, and sometimes they find it difficult to manage them all. Hootsuite is an awesome social media management tool that helps you to manage all social media accounts easily from a single place.
- It helps you to schedule your content and post it on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.
- The motto of this tool is: Manage all your social media from one place.
- It secures all the security and login information of all your accounts.
Social Media Tool 3: Buffer
Buffer is a popular and widely used social media marketing tool. Due to its simplicity and efficiency, Nonprofits love using this tool. This tool offers amazing analytical features to track the performance of all your social media posts.
- For nonprofits that are just starting up, buffer offers a free account.
- Based on the followers’ activity, it suggests perfect moments to post on social media accounts.
- You can also create and schedule your content with the buffer’s image creator and shorten your links.
Social Media Tool 4: Liinks
Liinks lets creators design and build pages in minutes, with more ways to customize than other link-in-bio tools.
No two pages are alike – great for creatives, personalities and brands wanting full control over their page’s look and feel. Create beautiful micro landing pages with ease. Drop in your links, style your page and add it to your bio.
It’s free to get started with Liinks, but upgrading to Liinks Premium (only $3.99/month!) unlocks robust features giving full advantage of all the awesome customization options.
Every Liinks user gets:
– Unlimited basic links
– Profile picture and bio at the top of your page
– Social icons for quick reference
Premium Liinks users can:
– Add images to your links and choose between 6 awesome different layouts, including Grids and Carousels
– Customize the colors, fonts, background, and more to match your brand.
– Add Media embeds (Youtube, Spotify, etc…)
– Connect to Instagram to automatically update your Liinks page with links from your post captions
– Collect emails in Mailchimp with a Mailing List block
– Animate your Liinks to draw attention or schedule them to show and hide at a specific time
With an expanding feature set and low price point – Liinks is a great option for those looking to stand out with a beautiful and unique bio link page. Explore some of our favorite pages here!
Social Media Tool 5: NapoleonCat
NapoleonCat is a complete set of simple and flexible social media management tools. The actionable prices make NapoleonCat stand out from its competitors, plus they offer a 50% discount for all non-profit organizations.
- You can reply to all interactions from all major social media platforms in one place.
- Thanks to the Auto-moderation feature, you can automatically reply to defined comments and messages and hide or delete spammy and inappropriate content.
- The scheduling option is available for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google My Business. Plus, you can create one post and share it across all the mentioned platforms with a single click.
- You can also schedule automated social media reports that get sent right to your email address every week or month.
Social Media Tool 6: SocialBee
If you’re looking to save time and energy when it comes to your social media posting, look no further than SocialBee
! Jam-packed with multiple features designed to make your (social media) life a lot easier, SocialBee allows you to categorize, schedule, and share content across all major platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and even Google my Business.
- You can categorize your content to have a healthy mix of posts, from promotional to educational ones, depending on your goals;
- You can recycle or expire posts with the Evergreen/ Share-Once features, to make sure you’re never running out of relevant content and avoid posting obsolete content
- You benefit from advanced editing options, which allows you to tweak your content the way you see fit and tailor it to the platform and intended audience
- You get insights on how your posts perform and the activity status for your accounts.
Social Media Tool 7: Sprout Social
Sprout Social combines different social media management features in one place. It helps you to find and form real connections with people. It helps you to monitor user’s social media posts, schedule content and engage with the targeted audiences.
- Sprout Social has amazing features of monitoring, analytics, scheduling and reporting, all in one place.
- It offers faster and smarter communications with easy joining social conversations and builds your community.
- It offers 30-day free account.
- It has a feature of the unified smart inbox to streamline engagement.
Social Media Tool 8: Agora Pulse
Agora Pulse is a simple and effective social media marketing tool. It has all features of scheduling, analytics and you can even run quizzes and promotions on your social media accounts to engage with your audience.
- The dashboard of the Agora pulse is very straightforward.
- It allows easy switching to all your social media accounts.
- One of the amazing features of the Agora pulse is the social media inbox that allows instant checking on social media updates on your accounts.
- It helps you to personalize your content for each social media networking platform.
Social Media Tool 9: Social Bakers
This social media marketing tool enables NGOs to work on various social media platforms through Artificial Intelligence (AI) to understand the audience’s behavior. It helps in engaging more donors to your cause.
- You can get insights into the customer’s requirements and can create your content based on that.
- You can analyze your performance against your competitor’s and can use these measures to improve your content.
- This tool saves you time by managing all social media publishing tools from a single dashboard.
Social Media Tool 10: Sendible
For agencies who want to manage social media profiles for their client’s, Sendible is an awesome social media marketing tool.
- It has a smart feature which helps to reposts your favorite posts on repeat.
- It recommends the top and most liked posts for you to post on your social media accounts.
- It has an RSS Auto Posting feature which allows posting of relevant content at regular intervals. So, it helps automate your social media marketing and in engaging your audience with awesome content.
- With its templates, you can create social media reports for your clients in minutes.
Social Media Tool 11: Post Planner
Post Planner makes it easy to identify the best content for your audience. It consistently shares content on your social media accounts to get remarkable results.
- With just a click of a button, you can curate and share great content with your audience.
- To discover new content, users can browse the recommended feeds of post planner and get awesome content ideas.
- Post planner offers ratings to the shared post. So, before you post any content on your social media accounts, check the ratings of the post.
Social Media Tool 12: Meet Edgar
Meet Edgar is a social media scheduling tool which helps in recycling of your old posts to get more traffic to your website.
- You have to organize your posts according to the category and content, and then this tool will automatically post your content from all the categories.
- Meet Edgar updates the library of edits in bulk.
- By adding your content in Meet Edgar browser extension, you can save time in the separate posting of content.
With the use of emerging social media marketing platforms, Nonprofits have the opportunity to reach out to more potential customers and grow their cause.
Use these social media tools and help your cause be more social in 2019.
About the author:
George is corporate relationship manager at Inc Academy – He provides Digital Marketing Courses in Dubai with professional certificates and he likes to share his knowledge on digital marketing topics.